The best soft chocolate chip cookies
The best soft chocolate chip cookie recipe will depend on personal taste, but a classic recipe that is often considered a favorite is the Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookie recipe. It is a tried and true recipe that produces soft, chewy cookies with a slightly crisp exterior.
Here is the recipe:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to drop dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.